Friday, May 15, 2009

May 12, 2009

Dear Family and Friends, The work is going great here in the Argentina. Our misión has high standards which helps us be very successful. Unfortunately we are only able to email family. I always appreciate hearing from you so here is my address you can write to or you can use the Dear Elder. Today we were not able to attend the temple like we thought but we set up a time to go next Tuesday. Im pretty excited, its always a great opportunity to attend the temple. Its starting to get into winter but its still pretty nice weather outside. This Saturday we have a baptism scheduled. Her name is Rocio and she is 9 years olds. Everything is going well with Elder Lloyd and myself. We try and talk with everyone we walk by. For the most part everyone is excepting but there are still others that totally ignore us which is common in missionary work. I am really starting to realize I´m in a totally different country. Everything is different, and I´m trying to soak it all in. I hear the 2 years goes by fast so I´m trying to live in the moment. I am so greatful for this oppotunity to serve and represent our Savior. I have heard about the blog and it sounds pretty nice. Thanks Beckie for your help with that, I´m sure your following all of Dads directions, hah. It was good to hear from mom and the rest of the family, everyone sounds great. I think I´m pretty good with everything here but if you can send the package with those few things that would be great. I look forward to hearing from you, and I will try to write back those other family members who emailed last week. Thanks for all your support, take care, Elder Brooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slideshow of Elder Brooks' Mission

Cameron reads his mission call

Flag of Argentina

Flag of Argentina
The national flag of Argentina dates from 1812. The full flag featuring the sun is called the Official Ceremonial Flag (Spanish: Bandera Oficial de Ceremonia). The Official Ceremony Flag is the civil, state and war flag and ensign. The sun, called the Sun of May, is a replica of an engraving on the first Argentine coin, approved in 1813, whose value was eight escudos (one Spanish dollar). It has 16 straight and 16 waved sunbeams. According to tradition, during the Argentine War of Independence General Manuel Belgrano was commanding a battle near Rosario. He noticed that both the Crown's forces and the independence forces were using the same colors (Spain's yellow and red). After realizing this, Belgrano created a new flag using the colors that were used by the Criollos during the May Revolution in 1810. The flag was hoisted for the first time in Buenos Aires atop the Saint Nicholas of Bari Church on August 23, 1812. - Ref: Wikipedia.com