Friday, October 9, 2009

World - Wide Church

Dear Family and Friends, Sounds like you enjoyed general conference, it truly was amazing. I do not have much time to write so I am apologizing early for the rush. We were writing our emails in a place but the computers were just not working, I had my email almost done but I just was not able to send so we had to find another place to write and now we are short on time. I was able to watch most of the conference in English, however the Saturday morning and afternoon I had to watch in Spanish, but I was able to watch priesthood in English. Due to the time change priesthood ended a little late here, we arrived back to the apartment from the stake center at midnight, and we were pretty tired. We went right to bed and then woke right back up. Sunday was a big opportunity to bring some of our investigators to the conference and we clutched up and were able to bring ten of our investigators. During the sessions members brought food and we relaxed and went outside to eat. The mission is amazing, I know I might say that a lot but it is true. I can see and feel the gospel of Jesus Christ change my life. I am grateful for your love and support. I am grateful for a prophet that lives today, President Thomas S. Monson, who also loves us. This transfer is coming to a end this next week, so it looks like this could be my last week in Rafael Castillo. I have truly come to love those I have been serving, it might be a little hard to leave. I hope we can remember the feelings we felt this conference and continue to better ourselves and those around us as we live the gospel of Jesus Christ. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Con amor, Elder Brooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slideshow of Elder Brooks' Mission

Cameron reads his mission call

Flag of Argentina

Flag of Argentina
The national flag of Argentina dates from 1812. The full flag featuring the sun is called the Official Ceremonial Flag (Spanish: Bandera Oficial de Ceremonia). The Official Ceremony Flag is the civil, state and war flag and ensign. The sun, called the Sun of May, is a replica of an engraving on the first Argentine coin, approved in 1813, whose value was eight escudos (one Spanish dollar). It has 16 straight and 16 waved sunbeams. According to tradition, during the Argentine War of Independence General Manuel Belgrano was commanding a battle near Rosario. He noticed that both the Crown's forces and the independence forces were using the same colors (Spain's yellow and red). After realizing this, Belgrano created a new flag using the colors that were used by the Criollos during the May Revolution in 1810. The flag was hoisted for the first time in Buenos Aires atop the Saint Nicholas of Bari Church on August 23, 1812. - Ref: Wikipedia.com