Monday, May 10, 2010

Transfers!!!!! Moreno!!! and a new calling.

Dear Family, it was great speaking with everyone and sounds like everyone is doing great! So today we went to Ramos Mejia for our transfer meeting and it went very well. We took the long drive from Las Heras to Ramos Mejia and arrived just in time. I love transfer meetings, being around everybody and hearing whats going on in past areas, especially about how the members and converts are doing. We had the opportunity to hear from President and Sister Benton and their message was great and helped us to prepare for this transfer. After their message we found out what the new transfers would be. I have been called to serve as Zone Leader for the zone of "Moreno"! Our area is called Marilo A and I am serving with Elder Bunn from Los Angeles, California. I am truly grateful for this opportunity that my Heavenly Father has given me to serve and I hope I can continue to fulfill and magnify my calling and serve with and for those around me. Elder Bunn is a great Elder and we are excited to work together. We will be thinking of goals and plans for our zone in order that we can do our best in bringing those unto Christ this transfer. As for Las Heras, two Elders have been placed there, Elder Pinzon, who was my Zone Leader when I was in Billinghurst and the other Elder is Elder Copper who is also a good Elder. I look forward to seeing Las Heras grow and strenghten and I know these Elders will work hard and continue to help the branch in Las Heras. For now I do not know very much about my area, it looks a little like my first area, Rafael Castillo and a little like Billinghurst. That is my update on transfers and I will try to continue to keep you updated. I appreciate your love and your support. I am praying for you. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Con amor, Elder Brooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slideshow of Elder Brooks' Mission

Cameron reads his mission call

Flag of Argentina

Flag of Argentina
The national flag of Argentina dates from 1812. The full flag featuring the sun is called the Official Ceremonial Flag (Spanish: Bandera Oficial de Ceremonia). The Official Ceremony Flag is the civil, state and war flag and ensign. The sun, called the Sun of May, is a replica of an engraving on the first Argentine coin, approved in 1813, whose value was eight escudos (one Spanish dollar). It has 16 straight and 16 waved sunbeams. According to tradition, during the Argentine War of Independence General Manuel Belgrano was commanding a battle near Rosario. He noticed that both the Crown's forces and the independence forces were using the same colors (Spain's yellow and red). After realizing this, Belgrano created a new flag using the colors that were used by the Criollos during the May Revolution in 1810. The flag was hoisted for the first time in Buenos Aires atop the Saint Nicholas of Bari Church on August 23, 1812. - Ref: Wikipedia.com