Monday, October 4, 2010

Old Investigators Are Now New Members!!!!!!!

Dear Family, Hey! It's great to hear from you and sounds like everyone is doing great and enjoyed General Conference. Everything is going well here in Argentina and we were also able to enjoy General Conference, I relished hearing the inspired messages of our beloved prophet President Thomas S. Monson as well as the other leaders of the church. We were able to watch General Conference here in Ramos Mejia which happens to be the Stake center for the West Stake. We were pretty excited and very grateful for the turn out that we had at General Conference as we had many investigators who were able to attend. In total we had 323 investigators in our mission that attended this years General Conferece! We know that this was a great opportunity for those investigators to hear from a living prophet, to feel the spirit, and to feel the love of our Heavenly Father. I loved conference and the many messages that were given. I was able to learn, strengthen my testimony, and feel of our Heavenly Fathers love that he has for us. I had a nice experience in conference that I would like to share with you. After we arrived to watch conference, we sat down with a few of our investigators and we prepared ourselves to watch conference. Shortly after sitting down I recognized several familiar faces of a few people sitting in the front row watching conference as well. Daniel Gomez, a convert from one of my old areas Billinghurst, was sitting up front watching and taking notes. Daniel was also accompanied with three young men, Kevin, David, and Alan. You may recall a former companion of mine Elder Garcia and I had found David and Alan in my last weeks of work in Billinghusrt, they were baptized shorty after I left Billinghurst. Daniel was with another member from Billinghurst who was inactive during the time while I was in Billinghurst but we began helping him and his family find again their faith in Jesus Christ shortly before I had left. This family also had a few members from their family who were not members but now they have recently been baptized as well into The church of Jesus Christ. It was awesome to see them and see their faith in the Lord as they attended all of general conference. I can understand better how Alma felt when he gathered with the sons of Mosiah. "Alma did rejoice exceedingly to see his brethern, and what added more to his joy, they were still brethern in the Lord, yea, and they had waxed strong in the knowledge of the truth" (Alma 17:3). I know that this is the true Church of Jesus Christ and that we have the true gospel of Jesus Christ. The gospel continues to bless my life and also the lives of many others. I know that the gospel of Jesus Christ is for everyone and that it blesses the lives of all those that live it. I appreciate your love and support. Have a great week. I am praying for you. Con amor, Elder Brooks.

1 comment:

  1. I love your experience in Buenos Aires!! I really wanna have a great experience to, while I go to a spanish school in Argentina . I had a lot of enthusiasm, and Im very happy that your conference went well!

    ReplyDelete

Slideshow of Elder Brooks' Mission

Cameron reads his mission call

Flag of Argentina

Flag of Argentina
The national flag of Argentina dates from 1812. The full flag featuring the sun is called the Official Ceremonial Flag (Spanish: Bandera Oficial de Ceremonia). The Official Ceremony Flag is the civil, state and war flag and ensign. The sun, called the Sun of May, is a replica of an engraving on the first Argentine coin, approved in 1813, whose value was eight escudos (one Spanish dollar). It has 16 straight and 16 waved sunbeams. According to tradition, during the Argentine War of Independence General Manuel Belgrano was commanding a battle near Rosario. He noticed that both the Crown's forces and the independence forces were using the same colors (Spain's yellow and red). After realizing this, Belgrano created a new flag using the colors that were used by the Criollos during the May Revolution in 1810. The flag was hoisted for the first time in Buenos Aires atop the Saint Nicholas of Bari Church on August 23, 1812. - Ref: Wikipedia.com