Tuesday, March 1, 2011

My Last Week Was SPECIAL....

Hey! This is just a quick little update on what went down this week. I love the mission! This is a great story ( pictures ) and I look forward to sharing this with you soon. Right now we are organizing everything for our transfers and I am also organizing and packing everything. I love you and I look forward to seeing you soon. This will probaly be my last email. One thing though it looks like I have taken all my money from my account and I don't have very much to travel with could you put a liltte more money in my account just in case I need it while traveling thanks. Con amor Elder Brooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slideshow of Elder Brooks' Mission

Cameron reads his mission call

Flag of Argentina

Flag of Argentina
The national flag of Argentina dates from 1812. The full flag featuring the sun is called the Official Ceremonial Flag (Spanish: Bandera Oficial de Ceremonia). The Official Ceremony Flag is the civil, state and war flag and ensign. The sun, called the Sun of May, is a replica of an engraving on the first Argentine coin, approved in 1813, whose value was eight escudos (one Spanish dollar). It has 16 straight and 16 waved sunbeams. According to tradition, during the Argentine War of Independence General Manuel Belgrano was commanding a battle near Rosario. He noticed that both the Crown's forces and the independence forces were using the same colors (Spain's yellow and red). After realizing this, Belgrano created a new flag using the colors that were used by the Criollos during the May Revolution in 1810. The flag was hoisted for the first time in Buenos Aires atop the Saint Nicholas of Bari Church on August 23, 1812. - Ref: Wikipedia.com