Monday, July 26, 2010

Rain Keeps Some Away!!!!!!!!

Dear Family, Hey its great to hear from everyone sounds like everyone is doing great. Hey mom thanks for sharing your experience and story with me I appreciate it and I appreciate your testimony. Good to hear Mackenzie is back and safe and had a good time up in Utah, and from what I hear she is driving, and I dont meaning driving dad crazy. I sent some pictures I hope you recieve them let me know if you do. I sent a picture of Alejandros baptism and a few pictures of the church her in Mariló. Everything is going well here Argentina and as you know its getting pretty cold. This past week was pretty cold and the rain on sunday topped of the week. Elder Gonzalez and I we are doing great and getting along well. I love helping him with his english he as improved a lot. His favorite phrase that I have taught him so far is "go to bed. He is pretty good at saying it and when it doesnt know what to say in english he just says "go to bed", I love it. We have been working diligently together and he helps me a lot with my testimony and faith in our Savior Jesus Christ. This past week went well as we were able to find some new investigators so we are pretty excited to start and work with them. We were pretty excited going into Sunday as we had a lot of investigators and members that were also excited about going to church as well, but as we recieved the rain Sunday it kept quite a few people from attending church here in Mariló. In total we had a total of 40 people in church this past Sunday. We were a little disappointed as we felt we worked very well and felt that we had prepared many people to attend church this past Sunday. However we did not stay disappointed, as we know being and acting disappointed weakens our faith. We were grateful that one of our investigators did show up which was very impressive. I am grateful for the example of our Savior Jesus Christ and the example he has set for us. I want to be like Him. I know as we live His gospel we too can become more like Him. I know that we have the true gospel of Jesus Christ. I am praying for you and that you can continue to live His gospel. I love you and look forward to hearing from you soon. Con amor, Elder Brooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slideshow of Elder Brooks' Mission

Cameron reads his mission call

Flag of Argentina

Flag of Argentina
The national flag of Argentina dates from 1812. The full flag featuring the sun is called the Official Ceremonial Flag (Spanish: Bandera Oficial de Ceremonia). The Official Ceremony Flag is the civil, state and war flag and ensign. The sun, called the Sun of May, is a replica of an engraving on the first Argentine coin, approved in 1813, whose value was eight escudos (one Spanish dollar). It has 16 straight and 16 waved sunbeams. According to tradition, during the Argentine War of Independence General Manuel Belgrano was commanding a battle near Rosario. He noticed that both the Crown's forces and the independence forces were using the same colors (Spain's yellow and red). After realizing this, Belgrano created a new flag using the colors that were used by the Criollos during the May Revolution in 1810. The flag was hoisted for the first time in Buenos Aires atop the Saint Nicholas of Bari Church on August 23, 1812. - Ref: Wikipedia.com