Thursday, July 15, 2010

Speaking English In The Streets......Si !!!!

Dear Family, It's great to hear from you and sounds like everyone is doing great. Everything is going well here in Argentina and it is starting to get a little colder. As you have mentioned Spain won the world cup but not too many people were really interested after Argentinas loss. I received a wedding invitation from my cousin, Justin Brooks he looks pretty happy tell him i'm happy for him. Also I did receive the dearelder from Aunt Pam and Sister Tyndall please tell them thank you and I will try to write them back soon. This week went very well and it was pretty busy with our interviews with President Benton and also zone conference. I really enjoyed my interview with President Benton, I love him, he is a great example for us. He gave me some great counsel to help strengthen my faith and confidence. Zone conference went well and our workshop/lesson also went very well. As a zone we are focusing on the quality of our lessons and making sure the investigators better understand our message. We have noticed that we have been finding many new investigators but few of those that we are finding are going to church and keeping their commitments. This past week Daniel, the man I contacted on the bus a few weeks ago was able to be baptized! The elders in our zone that are in an area called Trujui were able to baptize him and said that everthing turned our very well. I am very grateful for the opportunity to have met him and for the faith my Heavenly Father gave me to go and contact him. This past week the young men were able to have an activity on Saturday where they played soccer and ate chori pan. The activity went well and it was a pretty good turn out. Many members, converts, and investigators were able to show up. We had a great turn out Saturday but not as many showed up Sunday for church. I appreciate your ideas that you gave me and regarding activities, we will try and put those into practice and see how it turns out. Elder Gonzalez and I are getting along very well. He is a great elder and we are always looking for ways to improve. Elder Gonzalez wants to learn english so we have begun to say our prays at night together in english and we try and study english whenever we have time. Also sometimes to practice our english when we are walking in the streets we talk to the kids in the street in english. It is pretty funny, sometimes they look at us like we are crazy and sometimes they even try and talk back to us. I love the mission it truly is a blessing and a privilege to serve my Heavenly Father. I appreciate your love and your support. I am praying for you. I love you. Have a great week. Con amor Elder Brooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slideshow of Elder Brooks' Mission

Cameron reads his mission call

Flag of Argentina

Flag of Argentina
The national flag of Argentina dates from 1812. The full flag featuring the sun is called the Official Ceremonial Flag (Spanish: Bandera Oficial de Ceremonia). The Official Ceremony Flag is the civil, state and war flag and ensign. The sun, called the Sun of May, is a replica of an engraving on the first Argentine coin, approved in 1813, whose value was eight escudos (one Spanish dollar). It has 16 straight and 16 waved sunbeams. According to tradition, during the Argentine War of Independence General Manuel Belgrano was commanding a battle near Rosario. He noticed that both the Crown's forces and the independence forces were using the same colors (Spain's yellow and red). After realizing this, Belgrano created a new flag using the colors that were used by the Criollos during the May Revolution in 1810. The flag was hoisted for the first time in Buenos Aires atop the Saint Nicholas of Bari Church on August 23, 1812. - Ref: Wikipedia.com