Monday, August 2, 2010

NEW AREA - OLD ZONE!!! NEW DESIRES...

Dear Family, It's good to hear from you and sounds like everyone is doing well. Everything is going really well here in Argentina. Today we had transfer meeting in Ramos Mejia. This past transfer went by pretty fast and now we are ready to start a new transfer. As for me I will starting this transfer in another area as I have been transfered. I am now serving as zone leader in the Zone of Marcos Paz in a area called Loma Grande. I was in Marcos Paz a few transfers ago when I was serving in Las Heras and now I have returned to serve as Zone Leader and I am pretty excited for this transfer as well as our zone. My new companion is Elder Vita and he is from Peru. Elder Vita seems like a great Elder and we both have the same amount of time in the mission. This transfer I have a few goals but one of the goals that I want to focus on is developing the Christlike attribute of charity, the pure love of Christ. I feel that there is always room to strengthen our charity and I want to serve those around me with charity that they may be able to feel our Saviors love. I am very grateful for the opportunity to serve and I want to challenge myself to strenghten the attributes of Jesus Christ. It was a little hard leaving my last area as I spent a short time there and I had begun to love those I was serving, more and more each day. Sounds like everyone is doing well back home and that things went well with Justins wedding, I am glad to hear. Well this was a little update on what is going on here. I appreciate all your love and support. Also I recieved a package from Aunt Diane today! Thanks Aunt Diane I love the package and I am ready to try that protien shake that you sent along with all the other treats and I will be looking to put some more weight back on. I hope everyone has a great week. I am praying for you. Con amor, Elder Brooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slideshow of Elder Brooks' Mission

Cameron reads his mission call

Flag of Argentina

Flag of Argentina
The national flag of Argentina dates from 1812. The full flag featuring the sun is called the Official Ceremonial Flag (Spanish: Bandera Oficial de Ceremonia). The Official Ceremony Flag is the civil, state and war flag and ensign. The sun, called the Sun of May, is a replica of an engraving on the first Argentine coin, approved in 1813, whose value was eight escudos (one Spanish dollar). It has 16 straight and 16 waved sunbeams. According to tradition, during the Argentine War of Independence General Manuel Belgrano was commanding a battle near Rosario. He noticed that both the Crown's forces and the independence forces were using the same colors (Spain's yellow and red). After realizing this, Belgrano created a new flag using the colors that were used by the Criollos during the May Revolution in 1810. The flag was hoisted for the first time in Buenos Aires atop the Saint Nicholas of Bari Church on August 23, 1812. - Ref: Wikipedia.com