Monday, January 17, 2011

PREPARING FOR TRANSFERS.

Dear Family, Hey its great to hear from everyone, thanks for your emails and letters. Everything is going good here in Argentina and we are staying busy. This week went well and we were able to get a lot accomplished. Now we are coming into week six which is usually a big week here in the office and in the mission as it is the last week of the transfer. This week we are receiving a couple new missionaries that are arriving early, we will be going on the tour with the( pastores) which are the missionaries that are leaving this transfer, we will be planning the transfer with President Benton, and also I believe I will be receiving my new companion this week so Elder Palacios and I can get a head start and train him. This last week we finished interviews with President Benton and all the zones and we all had our interviews as well. President Benton is amazing and it was great to have the interview as we talked about a few goals and plans to finsh strong and also goals and plans for after the mission. President taught me that no matter what the goal is I should always have in mind asking myself, "Does it get me closer to the Lord?" I have been able to put down some goals but I will continue to review and check to see if they really get me closer to the Lord. Last night we participated in a fireside with President Benton and it turned out very well. This was the first time that we have done it and many investigators, members, and missionaries all from the stake were invited. Elder Palacios and myself gave short talks, we watched a video, President Benton and the Stake President spoke and then we had refreshments. We enjoyed it and we look forward to the other firesides that we have planned. So we are pretty excited for this week there is a lot of work to do! I appreciate your love and your support. Thats crazy that you already recevied my flight plans Elder Rodriguez will still be calling to confirm. Do I need to do anything for school such as sign up or pick any classes? I am thinking I will attend the spring term. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. I love you have a great week I look forward to hearing from you soon. Con amor, Elder Brooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slideshow of Elder Brooks' Mission

Cameron reads his mission call

Flag of Argentina

Flag of Argentina
The national flag of Argentina dates from 1812. The full flag featuring the sun is called the Official Ceremonial Flag (Spanish: Bandera Oficial de Ceremonia). The Official Ceremony Flag is the civil, state and war flag and ensign. The sun, called the Sun of May, is a replica of an engraving on the first Argentine coin, approved in 1813, whose value was eight escudos (one Spanish dollar). It has 16 straight and 16 waved sunbeams. According to tradition, during the Argentine War of Independence General Manuel Belgrano was commanding a battle near Rosario. He noticed that both the Crown's forces and the independence forces were using the same colors (Spain's yellow and red). After realizing this, Belgrano created a new flag using the colors that were used by the Criollos during the May Revolution in 1810. The flag was hoisted for the first time in Buenos Aires atop the Saint Nicholas of Bari Church on August 23, 1812. - Ref: Wikipedia.com