Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Another Quick Post.

Dear Family, Hey its great to hear from you glad you were able to receive the pictures i sent, I hope you liked them. Everything is going well here and we are staying really busy. This past week which happened to be the first week of the transfer was packed but everything turned out well. Transfer meeting went well and we sent some of the Elders home, one of which was my companion a little while ago by the name of Elder Gonzalez from El Salvador. Now we are trying to get everything ready for this week as we have zone conferences starting up. There is a lot to prepare for the zone conferences so we are trying to get everything prepared and organized. Elder Thompson is starting to get a hold of things here in the office, he is a great elder and we seem are getting along well. Lately we have been finding some new investigators and some have been progressing pretty well. We are trying to find some more time to be in our area so we can spend some more time with them. So that is a brief update on whats going on, there is always a lot going on and I would love to update you on everything and give you the details but we have been busy so when I get more time i will give you another update. I know it sounds like I always say that but it is true! hah. Thanks for your emails and all the updates. Mom I received your email and I think am a little confused on the whole housing situation? From what I understand I will be starting school in the fall but i am not sure if anyone else is, therefore I am not sure who I would be rooming with. Also the other day I took out some money from my account so if you would like anything special from Argentina let me know hah. I love you and I am grateful for all of your love and support. I am praying for you have a great week. Con amor, Elder Brooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slideshow of Elder Brooks' Mission

Cameron reads his mission call

Flag of Argentina

Flag of Argentina
The national flag of Argentina dates from 1812. The full flag featuring the sun is called the Official Ceremonial Flag (Spanish: Bandera Oficial de Ceremonia). The Official Ceremony Flag is the civil, state and war flag and ensign. The sun, called the Sun of May, is a replica of an engraving on the first Argentine coin, approved in 1813, whose value was eight escudos (one Spanish dollar). It has 16 straight and 16 waved sunbeams. According to tradition, during the Argentine War of Independence General Manuel Belgrano was commanding a battle near Rosario. He noticed that both the Crown's forces and the independence forces were using the same colors (Spain's yellow and red). After realizing this, Belgrano created a new flag using the colors that were used by the Criollos during the May Revolution in 1810. The flag was hoisted for the first time in Buenos Aires atop the Saint Nicholas of Bari Church on August 23, 1812. - Ref: Wikipedia.com