Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Grateful to Serve.......

Dear Dad, Its good to hear from you, sounds like everything is going great and your still trying to lose weight!hah that’s what I like to hear. As for me and my weight I am doing alright. I do not think I am losing weight I think I am filling in. The weather is getting better here so I am pretty excited, it seems like winter as lasted forever. Today we are getting together as a district and we are going to the church to play some fútbol/soccer and handball. With the weather is getting better I think I will be able to get out and exercise a little more like go running because lately I have just been doing exercises in the apartment, push ups, sit ups, arm exercises, and stretching. The mission is amazing and it looks like we will be having two more baptisms this Saturday. I really am grateful for this opportunity to serve and represent our saviour Jesus Christ. I appreciate your love and support. Hope you have a great week, continue reading in The Book of Mormon as a family thats really important and can really bring the family together, also continue to do things as a family that invite the Spirit. Look forward to hearing from you soon. Con amor, Elder Brooks. Tell Beckie thanks for sending the pictures and for all her support

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slideshow of Elder Brooks' Mission

Cameron reads his mission call

Flag of Argentina

Flag of Argentina
The national flag of Argentina dates from 1812. The full flag featuring the sun is called the Official Ceremonial Flag (Spanish: Bandera Oficial de Ceremonia). The Official Ceremony Flag is the civil, state and war flag and ensign. The sun, called the Sun of May, is a replica of an engraving on the first Argentine coin, approved in 1813, whose value was eight escudos (one Spanish dollar). It has 16 straight and 16 waved sunbeams. According to tradition, during the Argentine War of Independence General Manuel Belgrano was commanding a battle near Rosario. He noticed that both the Crown's forces and the independence forces were using the same colors (Spain's yellow and red). After realizing this, Belgrano created a new flag using the colors that were used by the Criollos during the May Revolution in 1810. The flag was hoisted for the first time in Buenos Aires atop the Saint Nicholas of Bari Church on August 23, 1812. - Ref: Wikipedia.com