Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Mission Records !!!!!!!!!

Dear Family and Friends,
We just finished the end of another transfer. We had a lot of success as a mission and set a few new records! The biggest record was a total of 192 conversions this transfer, it was the most we have ever had here in the Buenos Aires West mission. My companion and I worked very hard this transfer, and we were greatly blessed with results. We ended up with 13 conversions, which I believe is also a new record for the mission! We were able to have three more baptisms this past Saturday, which gave us the total of 13 conversions for this last transfers. I am so greatful for the opportunity to particípate in this work, it truly is the work of the Lord. Elder Tate and I were able to participate in the transfer meeting that took place yesterday by speaking to all the missionaries about the success we've had. The spirit was strong as we explained and testified to them. After we concluded our message, Pres. Benton came up and stopped us before we could leave. He expressed his love and told us how proud he was for our work this past transfer. He mentioned how I only have 6 months in my mission, and used me as an example that anything is posible. It was a really humbiling experience and I am very greatful for it. We truly worked hard and received the help of the Lord. Almost everyday this past transfer I came home physically and spiritually tired, but becasue of our obedience the Lord blessed me with the strength to continue each day.
So now it is a new transfer but Elder Tate and I our still companions here in Rafael Castillo. Elder Rivas got transfered, and Elder Brown is recieving a new missionary today. Also there were some changes made. Our preparation day has been moved to Monday, so please write your emails before Monday if you want me to read them. Also I would like to know if Brother Bulloch has received any of my cards I have sent him so if you find out please let me know because its hard to send and recieve mail here. I am trying to write everyone but its been hard lately because I hardly have any free time, the work is just too important. Also please send Elder Ludwig my address or send me his. I appreciate your love and support. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Take care and have a great week, con amor Elder Brooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slideshow of Elder Brooks' Mission

Cameron reads his mission call

Flag of Argentina

Flag of Argentina
The national flag of Argentina dates from 1812. The full flag featuring the sun is called the Official Ceremonial Flag (Spanish: Bandera Oficial de Ceremonia). The Official Ceremony Flag is the civil, state and war flag and ensign. The sun, called the Sun of May, is a replica of an engraving on the first Argentine coin, approved in 1813, whose value was eight escudos (one Spanish dollar). It has 16 straight and 16 waved sunbeams. According to tradition, during the Argentine War of Independence General Manuel Belgrano was commanding a battle near Rosario. He noticed that both the Crown's forces and the independence forces were using the same colors (Spain's yellow and red). After realizing this, Belgrano created a new flag using the colors that were used by the Criollos during the May Revolution in 1810. The flag was hoisted for the first time in Buenos Aires atop the Saint Nicholas of Bari Church on August 23, 1812. - Ref: Wikipedia.com