Saturday, January 9, 2010

Happy New Year!!!!

Dear Family, Hey happy new year! Sounds like everyone enjoyed this last year and that you are ready to start this new year. I am pretty excited myself to start the new year. This last week our zone had our interviews with President Benton. He is amazing, our interview went very well. We had the opportunity to talk about goals and how to set them, it was perfect for the new year. Setting goals are very important and it is something I have learned during my time serving and continue learning. We talked about setting my goals high. He explained how to set goals and gave me some good suggestions. President Benton also mentioned something that I really liked. He said when you do not reach or achieve one of your goals do not change your goal, but change your actions. I really enjoyed our interview and look forward to applying what I was able to learn through this new year. Were you able to set any goals for the new year? Also today we had our transfer meeting in Ramos Mejia. A few changes were made but Elder Garcia and I will continue working together and we are pretty excited. Right now in Billinghurst things are going well. We have found many investigators but very few are progressing. I mentioned one of our invstigators, Antonella the other week but we have not been able to keep contact with her and have not talked to her for a while. Leonel her boyfriend who is a member was able to make it to church this last week but Antonella was not. They have been pretty busy working and their schedules do not give us much time to visit. However, we look forward to visiting them and to continue to help them progress. This past Sunday was fast Sunday, which was quite a test for Elder Garcia and myself. It was a little tough with the weather conditions which gave us some thirst but we were able to hang in there. Well sounds like everyone is doing well. I hope you can start out the new year with faith in our lord and savior Jesus Christ. I know that we are never alone, he is always there for us, and he is willing to give us the strength we need. I know that a person who has the faith to kneel and pray before our Heavenly Father, can receive the strength to stand in front of anyone. I appreciate your love and support, I pray for you always. Take care, look forward to hearing form you soon. Con amor, Elder Brooks. Sorry there are no pictures, not enough time. Also, I have the package ready, I just need to find time to send it, I will let you know when it is sent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slideshow of Elder Brooks' Mission

Cameron reads his mission call

Flag of Argentina

Flag of Argentina
The national flag of Argentina dates from 1812. The full flag featuring the sun is called the Official Ceremonial Flag (Spanish: Bandera Oficial de Ceremonia). The Official Ceremony Flag is the civil, state and war flag and ensign. The sun, called the Sun of May, is a replica of an engraving on the first Argentine coin, approved in 1813, whose value was eight escudos (one Spanish dollar). It has 16 straight and 16 waved sunbeams. According to tradition, during the Argentine War of Independence General Manuel Belgrano was commanding a battle near Rosario. He noticed that both the Crown's forces and the independence forces were using the same colors (Spain's yellow and red). After realizing this, Belgrano created a new flag using the colors that were used by the Criollos during the May Revolution in 1810. The flag was hoisted for the first time in Buenos Aires atop the Saint Nicholas of Bari Church on August 23, 1812. - Ref: Wikipedia.com