Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Stay Positive!!!

Dear Family, Hey sounds like everyone is doing well! To start out I would like to let you know that the package has been sent off and should be going to Dads house. I included a cd that has pictures from my camera and I also added a few letters. The new year is going well here in Argentina. Once again, thanks to those packages and letters I received during the holidays (Mom and Family, Aunt Diane, Cope Family,…) Elder Garcia and I are able to keep working hard! The weather here is starting to heat up! I love it! To sum it all up I wake up sweating and go to bed sweating. So this week went well as we where able to achieve some of our goals that we had set. We were able to find and teach some new investigators and we were also able to visit some less active members. We where also able to visit with Antonella and Leonel and we set a baptism date for Antonella for the 8th of February! Antonella has the desires to get baptized and is pretty excited but she has been working a lot including Sundays, which might hold her back if she is not able to continue going to church and receiving the lessons. We are trying to help her the best we can so that she can receive these blessings in her life and in her family, but their work schedule is a little complicated. So the week was looking good as we were able to find new investigators, visit some less active members, and set a baptism date for Antonella. Also Saturday we were assigned to help clean the church in the morning along with three other members which gave us the opportunity to perform some service and help take care of our chapel. It was not easy cleaning the whole church with only five people but after a few hours we were able to finish. I think they will be assigning more members to help next week in order that it will make it a little easier and faster to clean. Sunday came and we were pretty excited to look for some of our investigators but none ended up making it to church. I was a little disappointed, working all week, teaching and visiting our investigators and less active members and none of them made it to church. I then tried to look at the positive side which was two of our converts Susana and Daniel gave talks in church! After hearing their talks I started to feel better. I started to feel more grateful. Their talks were amazing and the spirit was strong and testified to me that this is the gospel of Jesus Christ, and that it can change our lives, as I have seen it change the lives of Susana and Daniel. I am very grateful for this opportunity I have been given to serve. I appreciate your love and support. I invite you to look at the positive side of things this week, and continue to walk with faith in our Lord Jesus Christ. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Con amor, Elder Brooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slideshow of Elder Brooks' Mission

Cameron reads his mission call

Flag of Argentina

Flag of Argentina
The national flag of Argentina dates from 1812. The full flag featuring the sun is called the Official Ceremonial Flag (Spanish: Bandera Oficial de Ceremonia). The Official Ceremony Flag is the civil, state and war flag and ensign. The sun, called the Sun of May, is a replica of an engraving on the first Argentine coin, approved in 1813, whose value was eight escudos (one Spanish dollar). It has 16 straight and 16 waved sunbeams. According to tradition, during the Argentine War of Independence General Manuel Belgrano was commanding a battle near Rosario. He noticed that both the Crown's forces and the independence forces were using the same colors (Spain's yellow and red). After realizing this, Belgrano created a new flag using the colors that were used by the Criollos during the May Revolution in 1810. The flag was hoisted for the first time in Buenos Aires atop the Saint Nicholas of Bari Church on August 23, 1812. - Ref: Wikipedia.com