Saturday, January 2, 2010

Merry Christmas!!!!

Dear Family, Hey sounds like everyone is doing great! Today we got together as a mission and celebrated Christmas, this wonderful holiday of the birth of our Savior. The activity went a little late but we have a little time to get a quick email out so I am going to try to fill you in on everything with the time that we have. Before I forget I have a few people to thank. I received many letters and packages today and I am very grateful for your love and support. I received a very nice dear elder from Dad and Uncle Jim, a very nice letter from the Ludwig family, a package from Aunt Diane, and also two packages from Mom! Wow what a Christmas! I have not had time to open the packages yet, but I look forward to filling you in more with more details this Friday. This Friday I will be calling home, I do not have an exact time, we are thinking sometime around 3-5pm here in Argentina. I will be calling Moms house and I will be using a phone card that I purchased. It worked out pretty well the last time I called home for Mothers Day but I have heard that sometimes the phone cards do not work, but for a back up plan the Valle family offered that we can use their phone. We only have 40 mins. to talk so Mom be ready with your questions . Also mom, from reading your email you mentioned something about sending a book. I really appreciate your thoughtfulness but however we are not able to read other materials or books on the mission so my advice is to not send it because I will not able to read it. I feel very humbled and very loved with the many letters and packages I received and I want to thank everyone for your love and support. Also, you mentioned that you did not receive the pictures that I sent from Mauro´s baptism and from The Copes package I received. I did not bring my memory card today so unfortunately you will have to wait. I am thinking about putting my pictures on a cd again and send it to you. Also I have a few letters written to some family members(one being my wonderful sister Mackenzie who I am sure is craving a letter from her brother ) so I am thinking I will just put a package together and send it to you. So today the Christmas activity went well. Some elders are leaving tomorrow so they can make it home for Christmas and the next semester for school. Elder Lloyd my trainer is one of the elders and also one of my zone leaders Elder Zollinger. We were able to hear their testimonies, a Christmas message from President and Sister Benton, and also we were able to watch and listen to the Christmas message from the First Presidency. We also did a Christmas skit as a zone, ate lunch, and had a gift exchange. I am very grateful for this opportunity to serve my Heavenly Father and His children her in Argentina, the mission is amazing. I thank you for your love and support and look forward to talking to you this Friday! Con amor, Elder Brooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slideshow of Elder Brooks' Mission

Cameron reads his mission call

Flag of Argentina

Flag of Argentina
The national flag of Argentina dates from 1812. The full flag featuring the sun is called the Official Ceremonial Flag (Spanish: Bandera Oficial de Ceremonia). The Official Ceremony Flag is the civil, state and war flag and ensign. The sun, called the Sun of May, is a replica of an engraving on the first Argentine coin, approved in 1813, whose value was eight escudos (one Spanish dollar). It has 16 straight and 16 waved sunbeams. According to tradition, during the Argentine War of Independence General Manuel Belgrano was commanding a battle near Rosario. He noticed that both the Crown's forces and the independence forces were using the same colors (Spain's yellow and red). After realizing this, Belgrano created a new flag using the colors that were used by the Criollos during the May Revolution in 1810. The flag was hoisted for the first time in Buenos Aires atop the Saint Nicholas of Bari Church on August 23, 1812. - Ref: Wikipedia.com